Thursday, March 1, 2007

Hexagonally Frozen Water Vapor

So normally I attempt to write something at least partially witty and/or thoughtful (so ok, I haven't quite mastered that yet), but today was so exciting that it deserved its own kind of entry. Today, Luther Seminary shut down. Yes, at 3:00PM today, everything was cancelled THROUGH TOMORROW. It's my first snow day(s) in 5 years. It was fabulous. Glorious. Indescribably amazing. I got to play the piano, was part of a snowball fight, and I even helped to build this massive snowman outside our house...


And tomorrow? Tomorrow will be beyond description. It will be all Gospel and no Law.

Part of of the greatness of snow days is certainly the snow in and of itself. But what I'm really excited about is being able to sleep in, not having to do homework that was going to be crashing in on me tomorrow, and having a day where I can literally do nothing and feel good about it (the library's not even open, which honestly, is a very sad event). But it's the spontaneity of it, too. Inevitably, had I known that today and tomorrow were going to be days off, I would have filled them somehow. I would have put off working on something and scheduled to do that tomorrow. But now, I am actually free to do whatever. This sort of day is what all humans need, and I have been given it. Praises for the gift of nothingness.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yay...we exceeded at doing nothing!

Thanks for hanging out and doing nothing with me! :) It was a lot of fun and relaxing. We need a snow day every week without the actual snow.